Here are the activities that go into building a business case for a CRM initiative:
- Agree on the high level business requirements with stakeholders
- Quantify costs and benefits – tangible and intangible
- Assess risk and mitigation strategies. Any decision maker wants to know the risks associated with the project – the risks of not doing the project as well as risks in doing the project.
- Evaluate solution options and document recommended options and criteria used
- Sell the business case internally
We will expand on these activities and discuss considerations around each one, in future posts. Stay tuned!